On Wednesday, October 19, come out to hear the first spoken-word event dedicated to celebrating what we drink!
If you’ll be in the New York area, I hope you’ll come out to Lolita Bar to enjoy a cocktail, and hear some amazing writers read from their work about beverages. Here are all the details on where, when, and most important, WHO is reading.
Date & Time: Wednesday, October 19, 2011. Come by at 6:30 for a drink – the reading starts at 7pm.
Location: Lolita Bar – 266 Broome Street at Allen St., NY, NY
Admission: FREE admission, but drinks are on you, buddy.
Featured Readers: Curated by wine and spirits writer Kara Newman, participants include:
- Gary Allen, food writer/editor & Adjunct Professor, Empire State College
- Sydney Beveridge, writer, editor & radio producer
- Warren Bobrow, food/spirits writer & rum judge
- Mike DeSimone and Jeff Jenssen, aka “the World Wine Guys”
- Johanna Gohmann, writer and personal essayist
- David Farley, travel writer and author, An Irreverent Curiosity
- Brad Thomas Parsons, author, Bitters: A Spirited History of a Classic Cure-All, with Cocktails, Recipes, and Formulas
- Diana Pittet, cheesemonger and food/beverage writer
- Julie Sheehan, author, Bar Book: Poems & Otherwise
- Liza Weisstuch, travel and drinks writer; American Correspondent, Whisky Magazine
Books will be available for purchase and signing.